QuickValuesPlus Widget Plugin for Graylog2
The QuickValuesPlus Widget is an enhancement to the original Quick Values Widget that shipped with GrayLog2. It can be added to a Stream as a Field Analyzer and to Dashboards as a widget.
Several NEW features have been added to version 3.1.0 (See below). Version 3.1.0 is only compatible with Graylog 2.3 (not 2.4 yet).
Field Analyzer Features
- "Customize" menu supports modifying the Sort Order (Ascending or Descending), Table Size and number of Top Values displayed by the widget.
- Exclude from search button - Add negated search directly to the Search Bar (E.g. !field_name:foo).
- New in 3.1 - Can prevent Add to Search/Remove from search buttons via global configuration.
Field Analyzer Features
- Terms can be hyperlinked - drill-down into a Term search and view the results.
- Term searches can be opened inside of a new window.
- Can exclude a Term from the Query using a button - Negate a search term directly from the widget (Requires dashboard edit permissions)
- New in 3.1 - Term hyperlinks, Remove from query, and Open Term search in new window buttons can be hidden - very customizable!
Customize your dashboards
Dashboard Configuration Feature
Global System Configuration
- Can customize the field name used by the widget (Requires dashboard edit permissions)
- New in 3.1 Can now control display of term hyperlinks, remove from query, open term in new window buttons in dashboards.
Customize the default display values in the System/Configuration page.
Supported Graylog Versions
- Pie Chart
- Add to Search Bar button
- Remove from Search Bar button
- Term Hyperlinks (Dashboards)
- Exclude From Search Button (Dashboards)
- Open Term Search in New Window Button (Dashboards)
- Not currently compatible with Graylog 2.4.0 - coming soon!
- Version 3.1.0 - Tested and compatible with Graylog version 2.3 - not currently compatible with 2.4.0.
- Version 2.1.0 - Tested and compatible with Graylog versions 2.2.1, 2.2.2, and 2.2.3.
- Version 1.0.0 - Tested and compatible with Graylog version 2.1.3.
Features and Bugs
- Download the plugin
and place the
.jar file in your Graylog plugin directory. The plugin directory is the
plugins/ folder relative from your
graylog-server directory by default and can be configured in your
- In your web browser, force refresh (Ctrl + F5) a couple of times or clear your cache.
If you come across a bug, require further assistance, or have a great feature request, please file an Issue providing as much detail as possible.
Contributions to the code-base are greatly appreciated!
Way Ahead - Version 4.0.0
Related Graylog Issues
- Update codebase to work with Graylog 2.4.0
The following are Graylog issues that the QuickValuesPlus widget attempts to resolve.
- #2459 - Reverse quick values/Bottom-N
- #2631 - Feature request: rare values #2631
- #1684 - Make number of terms in quick values widget configurable
- #3694 - Add hyperlinks to "Quick Values" dashboard widgets
- #3394 - Widgets has no way to edit all properties after creation
You can improve your development experience for the web interface part of your plugin dramatically by making use of hot reloading.
To hot reload using Graylog 2.3, your plugin directory should be located two directories above your graylog2-web-server directory (../../) and the folder name of your plugin should be begin with graylog-plugin (More infoHERE)
Hot-loading setup with the plugin.
git clone -b "2.3.2" https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog2-server.git
git clone https://github.com/billmurrin/graylog-plugin-quickvaluesplus-widget.git
- Install the
graylog2-web-interface node modules and build the Vendor Manifest
webpack --config webpack.vendor.js
- Install the
graylog-plugin-quickvaluesplus-widget node modules
- From within
graylog2-web-interface, start the web server
Building the plugin.
- Follow the steps above for hot-loading, but DO NOT run the
npm start command. (no need to start the dev web-server)
- Copy the generated JAR file located in the
/target folder to the Graylog plugin directory.
- Restart Graylog