Ansible playbooks for Graylog server setup and configuration.
If you are not familiar with Ansible and just want to quickly deploy
a Graylog node, see the instructions below.
Simple playbook that follows the basic installation guide for Graylog running on Ubuntu (http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.4/pages/installation/os/ubuntu.html).
- Installs Prequisites;
- Installs MongoDB, Elasticsearch and Graylog and configures their services;
- Generates password secret;
- Hashes the password you choose and generates a password secret;
- Sets your chosen IP or the default system IP in the Web and API URI's;
- Optionally changes memory commited to Graylog and Elasticsearch processes.
Todo. Advanced script for configuring a fully functional Graylog node (including cluster setup, smtp configuration, etc.).
Instructions for running a playbook locally on Ubuntu:
This installs and runs Ansible from a virtual environment:
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install python2.7 python-pip
- sudo pip2 install virtualenv
- cd /path/where/playbooks/are
- python2 -m virtualenv .venv
- source .venv/bin/activate
- sudo pip install ansible
- ansible-playbook -i hosts playbook_name
- rm -rf /path/where/playbooks/are (if you don't need Ansible after this)